Friday, July 12, 2013

Little Boy Photo Shoot




I absolutely love photographs of little girls dressed up as princesses. But I think I love photographs of little boys dressed up even more. I love this painting by Liz Lemon Swindle called "Even Superman Needs a Dad."



I think seeing a little boy in a super hero suit is the cutest thing ever because they really do believe that they are going to save the world!


Some of my favorite photographs attempt to show little boys their greatness and potential in a different type of costume.



When my son was little, I planned a photo session and gave the finished product to my husband for Father's Day.


Even today, these photographs are the favorite. Joseph was named after Joseph of Egypt in the scriptures. I wanted these picture to remind him of his namesake and encourage my Joseph to also become a man of God.


Last summer we had a photo shoot with my nieces and nephews. My sister-in-law Nicole Pace was the artist behind the camera. These pictures of my nephews in armor are my favorite for the same reason. As Christians, warrior imagery is powerful. We are told in the Bible to put on the full armor of God. And we are commanded to fight for our beliefs and the principles of our faith.


I hope these photos of my nephews will remind them that they are also great with limitless potential and as they trust in God he will lead them to glorious victories.



Do you have any little boys in your life that just might be inspired by a special photo shoot in armor or Biblical attire?



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips