Tuesday, July 16, 2013

5 Simple Changes to Improve Your Family's Health



My sister Tiff is such an inspiration to me. She is really passionate about eating healthy and feeding her family simple, delicious and non-processed foods. You can find her great recipes over at Feel Great In Eight.


I have tried to incorporate many of her suggestions and have tried all of her recipes. We were just talking about how much I miss sampling her great food now that she is no longer living right next door.

Since my children are older and resistant to change (read picky teenagers!), it has been challenging for me to implement a healthy food overhaul. But there are a few changes that I have made that have been easy and painless for all of us and that help me feel better about what I am feeding my kids. Try implementing these changes next time you go to the grocery store!

1. Natural Peanut Butter



2. Real Maple Syrup



3. Just Fruit, No-Sugar Jams



4. Real Butter instead of Margarine




5. Homemade, Whole Wheat, Breakfast Foods including Pancakes, Crepes and Waffles. My kids gobble them up!



Our favorite pancake recipe is here.

Try out our favorite crepe recipe here.

Tiff makes an awesome waffle here.

We also love Tiff's homemade Pop Tart recipe! Delicious! Find it Here!



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips