* I've done a bunch of different variations of bird's next snacks, but they are always a hit with the kids. This recipe from Bake at 350 looks simple and tasty.
* The Best Nest by P.D. Eastman
* The Napping House by Audrey Wood
* Noodle Necklaces: In the past I've had the students paint the noodles and then string them, but this year I followed the instructions on Rockabye Butterfly to dye them beforehand. Either way, the kids have loved it and have been excited to wear their creations home.
* Number Covered N: I love this simple craft at Counting Coconuts. It's a great chance to review numbers too.
* Secret Notebook: Last year I wrote about how I started a secret notebook with my son so we could write letters back and forth. Now that Brooklyn is starting to learn to write she has one of her own too. It's a very special tradition in our family. You can read the full post here.* Nest Sorting and Lacing Cards: As always, Confessions of a Homeschooler has some fantastic resources. This printable Nest Pattern Activity and super nest lacing card are my favorites!
* Click on the photos below to print out your Nn Flash Card and Writing Practice Worksheet.