Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Preschool Activities: Letter of the Week {Nn}

By Tiffany Rudd
Snack Ideas:
      * I've done a bunch of different variations of bird's next snacks, but they are always a hit with the kids. This recipe from Bake at 350 looks simple and tasty.

Favorite Books:
      * The Best Nest by P.D. Eastman
      * The Napping House by Audrey Wood
Crafts:
      * Noodle Necklaces: In the past I've had the students paint the noodles and then string them, but this year I followed the instructions on Rockabye Butterfly to dye them beforehand. Either way, the kids have loved it and have been excited to wear their creations home. 
      * Number Covered N: I love this simple craft at Counting Coconuts. It's a great chance to review numbers too. 
      * Paper Plate Nest: I love this super cute nest collage over at Arts and Crafts for Tots


Activities:
      * Secret Notebook: Last year I wrote about how I started a secret notebook with my son so we could write letters back and forth. Now that Brooklyn is starting to learn to write she has one of her own too. It's a very special tradition in our family. You can read the full post here
       * Nest Sorting and Lacing Cards: As always, Confessions of a Homeschooler has some fantastic resources. This printable Nest Pattern Activity and super nest lacing card are my favorites!

 Printables:
      * Click on the photos below to print out your Nn Flash Card and Writing Practice Worksheet.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips