Thursday, October 10, 2013

The Three Little Pigs and Bedtime

By Deborah Rowley




One my kids favorite activities to do at bedtime was play the Three Little PIgs. 

Here are the instructions for this activity that I have written for kids:
For this bedtime activity, Mom or Dad will be the big bad wolf and you will be the smart little pig. Choose where the straw house is going to be and where the stick house is going to be.  Your bed is going to be the brick house. The straw house could be your Mom or Dad’s bed. The stick house could be on the couch in the living room. Start by going to the straw house and pretend to build it. Suddenly the big bad wolf comes and says, “Little Pig, Little Pig, let me come in.” You answer: “Not by the hairs on my chinny chin chin.” The big bad wolf says, “Then I’ll huff and I’ll puff and I’ll blow your house in.” The big bad wolf starts to blow and you run as fast as you can to the stick house with the big bad wolf chasing you.
When you get to the stick house you pretend to build it until the big bad wolf says, “Little Pig, Little Pig, let me come in.” You answer: “Not by the hairs on my chinny chin chin.” Of course the big bad wolf says, “Then I’ll huff and I’ll puff and I’ll blow your house in.” The big bad wolf start to blow and you run as fast as you can to the brick house (your bed) with the big bad wolf chasing you. 
When you get to your bed you pretend to build strong bricks all around you. The big bad wolf comes and says, “Little Pig, Little Pig, let me come in.” You answer: “Not by the hairs on my chinny chin chin.” Then the big bad wolf says, “Then I’ll huff and I’ll puff and I’ll blow your house in.” He tries to blow and he tries to blow and nothing happens. You snuggle down in your bed and smile while the big bad wolf starts to choke and cough. Finally the big bad wolf says, “Okay I can’t blow your house in, so I’ll huff and I’ll puff and I’ll give you a good night kiss.” You give the big bad wolf a kiss and pat him on the head so he won’t feel bad.  Then you go quickly to sleep in your safe, strong bed.

It was such a hit that it was easy to get the kids to go to bed if we promised that we would play the Three Little Pigs first! Then I told my kids that if they got out of the brick house after getting tucked in, they wouldn't be able to play 3 Little Pigs again the next night. It works! 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips