Thursday, May 29, 2014

Candy Graduation Caps


Every year I make these cute candy caps for all the seniors graduating in our neighborhood. I personalize each tassel using the colors of the school. Most of the kids are graduating from American Fork High School this year. Go Cavemen! Their colors are red and black so I made the tassels red.

I kept the printable in black and white so that you could attach it to some colored paper in the colors of your school.

Here are all the supplies that you need:

* Reeses Peanut Butter Cups for the Base- You can use either miniature or snack size depending on the size of the cookie you use for the mortar board.
* Fudge Covered Grahams for the Mortar Board. These homestyle ones I got are quite large so I used the snack size Reeses. Usually I get the Keebler Fudge Covered Graham Cookies. They are a little smaller so I use the Miniature Reeses.
*Chocolate Frosting- To glue everything together.
*Roll-ups in the Colors of your School.




First stick the cookie and Reeses together with frosting.



Then work on the Tassel. I cut strips out of my Fruit Roll Up about 3 inches long. Then I roll up one end very tightly. I fan out the other end and cut fringe into it with scissors.



Attach the Tassel with some more frosting and you are done. Then wrap them up cute and attach the tag!
This is a fun, easy gift and a great way to surprise your babysitter, the boy who mows your lawn or any other graduates in your life. Not your KIDS, of course! You aren't as old as me!!

Graduation Printable

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips