Saturday, November 30, 2013

Christmas Shopping

By Deborah Rowley

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving with their families. Now the frenzy of holiday shopping has begun. I was visiting with one of my sister-in-laws on Black Friday and she told me about her family rule. She tells her kids that they will be getting four gifts for Christmas-- one in each of these areas:


Something You Want

Something You Need


Something To Wear

Something to Read



They can write down several suggestions in each area and then "Santa" will choose which gift in each area to give.

I loved this idea! It helps kids learn to distinguish wants vs. needs. It encourages literacy. It prevents kids from running around butt naked! Just kidding. I love that it sets limits and curbs materialism. You may want to try something like this in your family.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips