Thursday, August 23, 2012

Elementary Activities: Make Your Own Cozy Homework Concentration Corner {Back-To-School Week!}

By Tiffany Rudd
Since we are living in a fairly small space right now, there isn't a separate room where Cameron can go to do homework. I don't mind it, because he is often working while I cook dinner and I can be close by to keep an eye on him and help when I am needed. He, on the other hand, can often have a hard time concentrating with so much activity going on around him. So, this year I decided to try making him his own "Homework Corner." Hopefully, using this divider to create his own space and keep the rest of us out of his line of vision will make homework time more productive.
This was a super simple project made from an empty diaper box. I simply cut off the top, bottom, and one side of the box and used white duct tape to finish the edge. Then I just glued/taped on a pocket folder to hold work that needs to be done and a zipper pocket for his supplies. A few big binder clips make it so papers, reward stickers, or even site word books can clip to the sides. 

Now Cameron's teacher just needs to bring on the homework so he can test out his fun new homework corner! :)

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips