(Whew! What a crazy week. Good thing I had all the ingredients for these meals on hand. )
Maybe you are like me and want to have more family dinners in 2014. If so, here are a few of my go-to meals when I am too busy to put an elaborate meal on the table. These dinners come together in 15 minutes or less. They are fantastic for those nights when it is tempting to go get fast food or throw some cereal on the table!
1. Baked Potatoes with Chili and Cheese- Yep! That is all there is to this recipe.
2. French Bread Pizza- Buy the french bread from the grocery store. Save even more time and let your kids top their own!
3. Ultimate Grilled Cheese- This is our copy cat recipe from Cafe Zupas. It is amazing how adding pesto can make you feel like a fantastic mother!
Bread- Cheese- Tomatoes- Pesto- Grill it up and you are done.
4. Big Daddies- This is the name that my kids gave to loaded Quesadillas. You can put anything you want in there. We usually do refried beans, lettuce, tomato and cheese, but heck, try some peanut butter and jelly with cinnamon sugar and it will still feel special!
5. Chicken Chili Quesadillas- This is the only real recipe in the bunch and it is another variation on the Tortilla sandwich mentioned above. I found this recipe in Desperation Dinners and it has been our favorite ever since.
Open two cans of White Meat Chicken. Dump in microwave safe bowl with 1 TBSP chili powder and 1-2 tsps. minced garlic. Heat on high for 5 minutes. Lay 5 tortillas out on cookie sheet. Top with shredded cheddar cheese. Top cheese with spicy chicken mixture. Put a second tortilla on top. Do the same for all the tortillas. Cook in a 450 degree oven for 10 minutes until crisp. Cut into wedges and serve with salsa and sour cream.