Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Preschool Activities: Letter of the Week {Ll}

By Tiffany Rudd

Snack Ideas:
      * Try Lemons & Limes: I've been surprised at how many of my preschoolers have never experienced these fruits. The sour faces are priceless and result in lots of giggles.
Song:

"I'm a Little Lion"
{sing to the tune of  "I'm a Little Teapot."}

I'm a little lion
On the plain.
Here is my tail and
Here is my mane.
When I get excited
You will see
Just how loud 
My roar can be...
ROAR!!

Favorite Books:
      * The Grouchy Ladybug by Eric Carle
      * How Loud is a Lion by Stella Blackstone


Crafts:
      * Lion Crafts: I apologize that these aren't great pictures, but both these activities have been favorites of my students. 
The first is a lion mask made from a paper plate. Just cut holes for eyes and a triangle shaped cut out for the nose. Have your child color or paint it yellow and then glue on pieces of yellow yarn for the mane. 
In this craft, use a yellow cupcake liner for the lion's head and mane. Just have your child cut down each of the creases, but stop before he/she cuts the middle circle. Then, just add google eyes and draw a body, legs and a tail with yellow marker.
      * Leaf Art: I love this gorgeous project with pastels from Rockabye Butterfly. Or you can do simple leaf rubbings. Here is a great tutorial from FirstPalette.com. 

Activities:
      * Ladybug Counting Game: I posted this activity almost 6 months ago and Brooklyn still requests to play it weekly. You can find the full post and free printable here.

Printables:
      * Click on the photos below to print out your Ll Flash Card and Writing Practice Worksheet.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips