I am starting to get Spring Fever! We have had a few days of nice warm weather. The snow is starting to melt and the kids have even been able to play on the swings and ride scooters the last few days. In honor of Spring and our first blog anniversary, here are 3 fun Spring activities from the past.
And here are 10 things I hope to do with my kids in the next few weeks.
1. Feed the ducks.
2. Go to the park and look for animals prints in the mud or the remains of the snow.
3. Get out our bikes, air up the tires, and go for a spin.
4. Plan a fun Leprechaun Treasure Hunt. (*See the blog next week for a fun idea!)
5. Go on an Easter Walk. (*See my book Easter Walk under the meet the sisters tab or check out this post about how to go on an Easter Walk of your own. Easter Walk Instructions )
6. Have a picnic lunch on our back deck one Saturday afternoon.
7. Use the BBQ grill for the first time this year. I am thinking something with shrimp! My kids will love it :)
8. Tackle a Spring Cleaning project as a family.
9. Fly a kite. (See my plan in the Planned Spontaneity link above.)
10. Play Pooh Sticks. Do you know how to play pooh sticks? We started playing this Winnie the Pooh classic as a family when we lived in Sugar House and my husband and I would walk with 18-month-old Melissa up to Fairmont Park every weekend. Good times!
All you need to do to play is find a small, quickly moving stream. It is fun to find one with a bridge but not necessary. Then each family members needs to carefully choose their stick. You need to make sure that you can distinguish your stick from others. Is it fat, crooked, skinny, shaped like a Y, etc. Then everybody throws their stick into the stream at a designated launching point all at the same time. Then you run down to the bridge or designated finish line to see whose stick crosses the finish line first. Scream, holler and cheer in the process. Then repeat. You should have seen us playing this game as a family last Spring with our 18 and 20 year old daughters. So much fun!
Enjoy this beautiful Spring together.