Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Preschool Activities: M&M Paint

By Tiffany Rudd

I promise I'll get back to sharing my letter of the week next Wednesday, but this painting activity was just to much fun not to share right away!

Who knew you could make your own paint with just m&ms and water!? When I saw the idea here, I just knew it would be a hit with my class. We had so much fun, I highly recommend you give this one a try at home.
Make Your Own M&M Paint
1. Have your child sort the candy into separate cups by color. This is great sorting practice too. This cute group of kiddos had it done in record time. 
2. Add enough cold water to the cups to just cover the candy. Don't use hot or warm, or you'll melt the chocolate.

3. Stir. As you stir the "paint" will get darker.
4. Paint! If thinly painted it will dry quickly, like water color. The thicker patches take longer to dry and are left with a glossy look. 
5. Taste! Brooklyn may or may not have licked her paper when we were finished painting. ;)

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips