I found some great ideas that have made a big difference in our house, so I thought I'd share with you. Just incase you have a sweet/happy/stubborn/frustrating child like me!
* Super Speller App ($2.99): This app for iphone or ipad is AWESOME!! You just enter the spelling words and a record yourself saying each (or, have your older elementary age child do this on his own). The app then creates practice games with the words and can give your child practice spelling tests. Well worth the $2.99.
* SpellingCity.com: This websites is similar to the app in that you just enter in your spelling list and it creates games and activities for practice. Most of the content on here is free.
* I found tons of great ideas HERE and HERE. One of Cameron's favorites so far has been writing his words as "stairsteps" like this...
* Not surprisingly, writing the words in shaving cream is always a huge hit.
* We've also used THIS spelling race activity again this year, especially on days when I can tell he needs to get up and moving.
Hopefully you find some ideas here to help make spelling practice time happier at your house too. :)