* Ziplock Bag Ice Cream: This is a super fun project I've done with my own kids and my students over and over again. It is always a hit. Click on the photo above for complete instructions.
* Healthy Snack Butterflies: I love this healthier but still fun "insect" snack.
* Make Your Own Igloo: This year one of my preschool moms sent a super cute "Ii" snack - each child got half an orange and a marshmallow to create an igloo. The kids loved them. I know I took a picture, but of course I can't seem to find it. :)
* Inch by Inch by Leo Lionni
* Inside, Outside, Upside Down by Stan & Jan Berenstain
* Puffy Ice Cream: Trying this mix of shaving cream, glue and food coloring is definitely on my must try list.
* Igloo Craft: I love this simple and cute idea from Children's Learning Activities.
* Fingerprint Insects: This is the first year I didn't have time to do fingerprint insects with my preschool students. These are always one of my favorites because the kids come up with such cute variations. I found some cute examples over at Kids4Crafts.
* Inchworm Gluing & Painting Activity: This is a cute activity to go along with the book Inch by Inch (above).
* Inchworm Measuring: Kids love experimenting with measurement. I usually cut out a one inch section of green chenille straw for each child and let them measure different objects around the room with their "inchworm". They aren't always accurate, but it is a great into to the concept of measurement. I love the idea from Teach Preschool of creating worms out of play dough and measuring them with a standard ruler.
* Click on the photos below to print the writing practice page and flash card. I also found this super cute printable Insect Packet from Oopsey Daisy.