Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Preschool Activities: Summer Study Packet {Summer Kick-Off}

By Tiffany Rudd

As a parent and a teacher I always worry about my students over the summer. Without a little effort kids can suffer a serious brain drain. Check out these statistics from Ron Fairchild, Executive Director of the Johns Hopkins University Center for Summer Learning:
            *All students experience learning losses when they do not engage in educational activities during the summer.
            *On average, students lose approximately 2.6 months of grade level equivalency in mathematical computation skills during the summer months.
            *Low-income children and youth experience greater summer learning losses than their higher income peers.
With that in mind, I've been working on some fun Summer Study Packets for my kids. There are so many great resources out there for free printable worksheets and I've just been compiling my favorites to cover each subject. I'll share with you on Friday how I plan to use these packets with my kids and of course I'll share the files so you can use the packets in your own home. 

Today I am sharing the packet for students preparing to go to preschool in the fall. It includes pages to practice shapes, colors, counting, the alphabet, and some thinking skills. 

Next week I'll post my Kindergarten prep packet and 1st grade prep packet. I am still trying to decide if I have time to put some together for older grades. If you are hoping for a certain grade, just leave a comment letting me know and I could probably make it happen. :)

Click below to download and print my

*If the file doesn't automatically download click on the gray button that says Download This File

You can also find it HERE.

Thanks to 
for the great free worksheets! 
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Saw you on Pinterest, thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Beth! So glad you found us. We hope you'll keep coming back! :)

      Delete
  2. Is there a way for you to put this on google docs? I'm having a hard time downloading it on file dropper...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should be able to. I'll give it a try today and let you know! :)

      Delete
    2. Jennifer, I got it into a google doc and updated the post with a second link. Let me know if you still can't get it. I can always email you a copy.

      Delete

Blogging tips